My Shopping List
Grilled New Potato Salad w/ Bacon and Scallions
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Serve With:Servings: 6
Pork tenderloin or thick chops, sliced tomatoes
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked until crisp, then coarsely crumbled
+ 2 lb. red new potatoes (golf-ball size), scrubbed and poked with a fork
+ 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
+ 4 green onions, including green tops, cut crosswise into thin rounds
+ 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
+ 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
+ 1 large clove garlic, minced
+ 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
+ 1 tsp. kosher salt
+ 1/2 tsp. sugar
+ 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
What to do:
1. Prepare a medium fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill on medium.
2. In a medium bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil until well coated. Arrange potatoes around cool outer edges of grill or place on upper rack if grill is so equipped. Cover and grill potatoes until tender when pierced with a knife, about 20 min.
3. While potatoes are grilling, put green onions and bacon in a large bowl, and make dressing. Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, salt, sugar and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. When potatoes are tender, transfer to a cutting board and cool for 5 min. Cut potatoes in half and add to bacon and onions in the bowl.
5. Stir dressing to combine and pour over potatoes. Gently toss to thoroughly combine.
* The potato salad can be made up to 2 hrs. prior to serving. Cover and set aside at room temperature.
Serving Suggestion:Side dish that has the flavor of the grill and a smokey bacon flavor.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com
Calories: 280; Total Fat: 18g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 10mg; Total Carbs: 21g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 6g; Sodium: 571mg;