My Shopping List
Grilled Beefstro Cobb Salad
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Serve With:Servings: 6
Bread sticks and a cool drink for an easy dinner meal.
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
Marinate: 2 Hrs.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3 - 8 oz. blade steak (flat Iron steak)
+ 1/3 c. sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil with herbs, drained (reserve oil)
+ 1 c. blue cheese salad dressing
+ 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
+ 4 slices cooked bacon
+ 10 oz. mixed salad greens
+ 2 medium avocados, diced
+ 3/4 c. grape tomatoes, halved
+ 2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely
+ 1/3 c. sun-dried tomato oil
+ 2 Tbsp. blue cheese dressing
What to do:
1. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator up to 2 hrs.
2. Meanwhile place sun-dried tomatoes in food processor container. Cover; process until minced. Combine sun-dried tomatoes, 3/4 c. dressing and pepper in small bowl. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
3. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 - 14 min. for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
4. Meanwhile, microwave bacon on HIGH 20 to 30 sec. or until heated; break into pieces.
5. Carve steaks into slices. Arrange salad greens on large serving platter. Arrange steak slices, avocados, grape tomatoes, bacon pieces and eggs in rows over greens. Serve with dressing.
Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 651; Total Fat: 51g; Saturated Fat: 11g; Cholesterol: 147mg; Total Carbs: 13g; Fiber: 7g; Protein: 34g; Sodium: 627mg;