My Shopping List
Scrambled Egg and Bacon Baskets
Courtesy of Flour Advisory Bureau
Serve With:Servings: 4
Fruit cup or fruit salad
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 slices white bread, crust removed
+ olive oil for brushing
+ 4 slices bacon
+ 4 large eggs
+ 4 tsp. chopped fresh chives
+ 1 Tbsp. lightly salted butter
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Using a rolling pin roll each slice of bread very flatly, then lightly brush each side with a little oil. Press each bread piece into a deep sided muffin pan or a mini pudding basin at an angle so that the bread forms a flower shape.
2. Cook in the preheated oven for 5 - 8 min. or until crisp, lightly browned and the baskets holds its shape when lifted from the pan.
3. Meanwhile, preheat the frying pan to medium and then cook the bacon for 3 - 5 min. or until thoroughly cooked. Crumble the bacon.
4. Beat the eggs together with the chives in a bowl. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until foaming, then add the egg mixture and crumbled bacon using a wooden spoon. Cook, stirring constantly for approx 3 - 5 min. or until lightly scrambled. Taste and season if necessary.
5. Place the bread baskets on serving plates then divide the egg and bacon mixture between the baskets and serve immediately. Do not leave these to stand for long as the bread will go soggy.
* Nutritional information does not include suggested side dishes.
Calories: 272; Total Fat: 18g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Total Carbs: 13g; Sugar: 1g; Sodium: 2mg;