My Shopping List
Mini Vanilla-Almond Peach Cupcakes with Fresh Peach Frosting
Courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 c. flour
+ 2 tsp. baking powder
+ 3/4 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
+ 1 c. sugar plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
+ 2 eggs at room temp.
+ 1 tsp. vanilla extract
+ 1/2 tsp. almond extract
+ 1/2 c. lowfat milk
+ 1 California peach, pitted and diced
+ 1 fresh California peach,divided
+ 1 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
+ 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
+ 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
+ mint sprigs/leaves (optional)
What to do:
1. To prepare cupcakes, preheat oven to 300°F and line 36 mini muffin tins with paper wrappers; set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat butter in a separate large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 min. or until smooth. Gradually add sugar and beat for 2 min. more or until fluffy. Add eggs and extracts, beating well after each addition. Stir in half the dry ingredients, then half the milk; repeat and mix until well combined.
4. Stir in diced peaches and spoon batter into prepared muffin tins (they will be very full). Bake for 15 min. or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in tins for 10 min., then remove and let cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
5. To prepare frosting, peel and mash or puree half the peach. Beat butter and 3/4 c. powdered sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Blend in 1 1/2 Tbsp. peach puree and extract, beating for 2 min. or until smooth and creamy. Gradually add remaining sugar, adding more peach puree if a thinner consistency is desired.
6. Spread equal amounts of frosting over each cupcake. Dice remaining peach half and sprinkle over cupcakes. Garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
Calories: 80; Total Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 15mg; Total Carbs: 16g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 1g; Sodium: 85mg;