My Shopping List
Courtesy of Ocean Garden Products
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 10 - 26/30 Ocean Garden® Authentic Mexican Shrimp
+ 1/2 c. Arborio rice
+ 1/2 c. white wine
+ 1 clove garlic, crushed
+ 1 small onion
+ 1 1/2 c. fish stock
+ 1/4 c. cream
+ 4 Tbsp. butter
+ 1/4 c. chives
+ 1/2 c. shrimp bisque
+ 2 sprigs rosemary
+ olive oil
What to do:
1. Cut 5 shrimp into small pieces (may substitute with uncut smaller shrimp).
2. In medium size stock pot heat oil, add onions, garlic, stir well and let cook for about 3-4 min. then add rice. Stir to incorporate, add wine and keep stirring until wine evaporates. Add half of fish stock and keep stirring; it is important that the rice does not stick to the pot. Allow liquid to evaporate again, add remainder of the stock, and lower heat to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 5 to 7 min. until the rice has opened and liquid is absorbed. Remove lid and add shrimp and remaining liquid, mix well.
3. Rice should be aldente (crunchy) add the butter and cream, season with salt and let it rest for 1-2 min.
4. Heat a sauté pan and cook the remaining shrimp, add a little garlic and deglaze with bisque. Serve in a bowl with the risotto at the bottom with the shrimp and bisque spooned over top, garnish with rosemary sprig.
* Recipe created by: Chef Marino Tavares of Ferreira Café Restaurant in Montreal, Quebec
For this and more great recipes, please visit www.oceangarden.com