My Shopping List
Grilled Pizza with Wisconsin Three-Cheese Blend
Courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 25 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
+ 3/4 c. Wisconsin whole milk Ricotta cheese
+ 1/3 c. Wisconsin Asiago cheese, cubed
+ 1/2 c. fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
+ 2 Tbsp. milk
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1/8 tsp. pepper
+ 1 (10 to 14 oz.) prebaked Italian pizza crust
+ 2 c. ( 8 oz.) Wisconsin Monterey Jack cheese, shredded and divided
+ 2 medium Roma tomatoes, sliced
+ 8 oz. cooked Italian sausage, broken into small pieces
+ 1 small green pepper, cut into 1/2 in. strips
+ extra virgin olive oil
What to do:
1. Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat.
2. In a food processor or blender, process garlic until finely chopped. Add Ricotta, Asiago, basil, milk, salt and pepper; process until basil is finely chopped. Spread on pizza crust to within 1/2-in. of edge.
3. Sprinkle 1 c. Monterey Jack cheese over Ricotta mixture. Arrange tomatoes over cheese. Top with sausage. Set aside.
4. Brush green pepper strips with olive oil. Grill strips for 5 min. or until crisp-tender, turning once. Dice green pepper; sprinkle over tomatoes along with remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
5. Place pizza on grill, cover and grill over indirect medium heat, rotating once, for 20 min. or until cheese is melted. Let stand several minutes before cutting.
Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay