My Shopping List
Simple Savory Beef Pot Roast
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 2 Hr. 25 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 boneless beef chuck blade pot roast (2-1/2 lb.)
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1/2 tsp. pepper
+ 1 c. Burgundy or dry red wine
+ 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
+ 3 c. frozen vegetable blend (any variety)
+ 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
+ prepared mashed potatoes (optional)
+ additional fresh thyme (optional)
What to do:
1. Spray stockpot with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Place beef pot roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper.
2. Add wine and garlic to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hrs. or until pot roast is fork-tender.
3. Remove pot roast; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5 min. Add frozen vegetables to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 5-6 min. or until vegetables are tender and liquid is reduced slightly. Stir in 1 Tbsp. thyme. Season with salt,, as desired.
4. Carve pot roast into thin slices; serve with vegetable mixture and mashed potatoes, if desired. Garnish with additional thyme, if desired.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 341; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 113mg; Total Carbs: 13g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 36g; Sodium: 308mg;